Is my child eligible to study at Nelson Central School?
We welcome applications to study for children aged from 5 – 11 years for periods from four weeks to six years.
How do I apply?
Step by Step Guide:
1. Send to us a completed Application for Entry Form, International Student Profile form, the
application fee of $250 and a passport photo. Our bank details for the application fee are:
Account: Nelson Central School Board of Trustees
Address:P.O. Box 643, Nelson
Swift Code:WPAC NZ 2W
2. We’ll contact you to let you know if your application has been accepted. If so, we’ll send an acceptance letter and an invoice for tuition.
3. Once you have received our acceptance letter, email us that you accept the place offered. Then pay the invoice for the fees (using the bank details above) and send us the completed Tuition Agreement form.
4. Once we have received these, we will email confirming your place, and provide you with a receipt for fees you’ve paid.
5. You then need to apply for the appropriate visa.
6. You must organise medical insurance before you leave your home country.
Forms you will need
Fees & Expenses
Application fee: NZ$250 (non-refundable)
Tuition fees are approximately NZ$220 per week (including government charges). The school year is 40
weeks in duration.
You will need to plan for other school expenses, for example school camp charges etc.
Who do I contact if I need more information?
In the first instance please contact the school by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Code of Practice
Nelson Central School abides by the Code of Practice for the Pastoral Care of International Students. You can view the International Code of Practice here.